If you are interested in purchasing a Collie puppy from us, please copy and paste the questionnaire below into your contact form, and email with your answers following. Also, please read our Collie Health Warranty below. After we have reviewed your questionnaire, the next step in the process is placing a $100 deposit to either reserve a current puppy, or join the reservations list.
(Our SheepaDoodle questionnaire and warranty is still in the works.)
OurCollie Puppy Questionnaire/Application When this application is emailed to you, simply click "reply" and type your answers following each question. No need to fill in the warranty section. It's included simply for you to review.
Thank you for your interest in our beautiful Collie puppies! As breeders, we feel it is our responsibility to provide wonderful homes for our pups. Every puppy family looks different, and your answers help us get to know you a little better so that we can help match you with just the right puppy! Please note that the submission of this questionnaire in no way guarantees that you will get a puppy. It simply aids us in placing our puppies in the appropriate homes and is required in the event that a puppy is purchased. If you are interested in a specific puppy, please indicate the name of the puppy in your answer to question #8 below. Once your answers are reviewed, if the pup of choice is available, we will send our detailed PayPal invoice for the $100 non-refundable deposit to officially reserve the puppy.Please reply with the answers to the following questions.
1. Do you want a puppy for a pet or for breeding? Our pups come automatically with LIMITED (PET ONLY) AKC registration, and price for full registration will be more.
2. Will your puppy be inside or outside?
3. What type of yard or outside area will you provide your Collie? Do you have a fenced yard area? Y/N If yes, what type of fence?
4. Do you have children (or grandchildren who visit)? If so, what are their ages?
5. Do you agree to continually supervise children and /or senior adults around this Collie so they do not accidentally get knocked down or harmed and so that your puppy remains safe?
6. Do you have other pets? If so, what breed and gender?
7. Have you ever owned a Collie or other medium-sized breed?
8. Do you have a preference of color or gender? (Right now, we only offer sable - some with more white than others.)
9. What kind of temperament are you looking for in a Collie?10. What type of area do you live in? Rural/Suburban/urban?
11. How would you obtain your puppy if you bought one? Would you be interested in personal delivery? (additional fee applies)
12. Where did you hear about Shepherd Pals?
13. The initial expense of purchasing a Collie puppy can be quite an investment. But, it also needs to be understood that the expense of caring for any pet - especially a medium-sized breed such as a Collie - is a life-time commitment and should be anticipated and planned for accordingly. In addition to routine vet expenses, other COSTLY expenses do inevitably arise due to factors NOT COVERED IN OUR WARRANTY: parasite/worm prevention and/or treatment, possible surgeries (eye issues, hernia, spay/neuter, etc.). We do our very best to ensure that we provide a happy, healthy puppy, and would certainly inform you if any health issues are discovered prior to the pup leaving our home. But we in no way guarantee aperfect animal. Collies (as well as other breeds) do sometimes develop conditions, allergies, illnesses, parasites/worms, digestive issues, or other problems that are not covered under our 1 year genetic health warranty (see below). Although pups may turn out show quality and breed standard, we do not guarantee either.***Important! Research indicates that dogs spayed or neutered before the age of 12 months may have twice the chance of developing hip dysplasia. For this reason, spaying/neutering before 12 months nullifies coverage of hip dysplasia. https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/golden-retriever-study-suggests-neutering-affects-dog-health Since puppy won't stay a puppy long, special needs of a growing pup and eventually a "senior" dog must be considered. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT PUPPY BUYERS CONSIDER INVESTING IN PET HEALTH INSURANCE FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY, SUCH AS EMBRACE PET INSURANCE OR AKC PET INSURANCE. JOINT SUPPLEMENTS ARE ALSO HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. It is recommended that potential puppy buyers research thoroughly before deciding a Collie is the breed of their choice. Do you agree to commit to any and all financial obligations (foreseen and unforeseen) involved with giving the appropriate care to a Collie while it is in your possession and agree that Shepherd Pals will in no way be responsible for reimbursements of any kind once puppy is in your possession? _____________
14. Do you agree to contact Shepherd Pals in the event that you would need to re-home your Collie for any reason? We can often help in the re-homing process and like to keep up with our puppies for their life-time. (WE WILL ALWAYS BE HAPPY TO TAKE OUR PUPPIES BACK FOR ANY REASON OR CAN SEND A PRE-QUALIFIED FAMILY YOUR DIRECTION). ________________________________ 15. Although we consider such traits as temperament as we select breed our Collies, and we use the above questionnaire to try to match our puppies with appropriate families, we can not guarantee that your puppy will have the exact temperament that you might be expecting. Also, please keep in mind that having a new puppy requires a lot of extra time, attention, discipline, and training as he or she grows into adulthood. Do you agree to provide adequate care for and to appropriately train your new Collie puppy from the potential inconveniences of puppyhood into the potential inconveniences and special needs of adulthood and seniority? _________________________________ 16. A new puppy can be quite an adjustment for family members and any existing pets you may have. Do you agree that you have considered your family members and your other pets in the decision to purchase a puppy?__________________________________ 17. What is the name and phone number of your veterinarian? Before submitting this questionnaire, give your vet a quick call to let them know we may possibly contact him or her for a reference.
18. Have you read and agree to the conditions of our 1-year genetic health warranty on our web-site here https://www.shepherdpals.com/collie-puppy-application-and-warranty.html? __________________PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR GENETIC HEALTH WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER TO READ IT THOROUGHLY BEFORE SIGNING AT TIME OF PURCHASE.
19. What is your time-frame for obtaining a puppy?
20. If the puppy of your preference is not currently available, are you interested in reserving an upcoming (unborn) puppy by placing a $100 deposit?
Thank you for your time. We will respond to you once we have adequately reviewed this questionnaire. If a puppy is purchased from us, this questionnaire will become a part of the documents that we file. (Please note, we reserve the right to refuse any sale. Thank you for your understanding!)
Our Collie Health Warranty:
Shepherd Pals www.shepherdpals.com Micro-chip #: To register chip, please visit https://www.akcreunite.org/ or call 800-252-7894 The Moore Siblings Dryden, VA276-870-9795 276-393-3412
ONE YEAR GENETIC HEALTH REPLACEMENT WARRANTY (expires on puppy’s first birthday) Thank you for purchasing a puppy from us! Our family has done our best to provide you with a healthy, happy, and socialized puppy. We hope he or she provides years of enjoyment for you and your family! We'd love to see updated photos as your pup grows!
DOG’S NAME: DOB: AKC #
All items covered under this warranty are by replacement only, with a comparable puppy within a reasonable amount of time. NO REFUNDS OR REIMBURSEMENTS OF ANY KIND SHALL BE GIVEN AT ANY TIME, IN PART OR IN FULL, FOR ANY REASON. NO EXCEPTIONS. Warranty is between said buyer and said breeder only and is not transferrable.
Breeder guarantees said dog has had proper care to date and is in good health at the time of purchase, to the best of the breeder's and vet's knowledge. Record of vet health check-up is provided with this puppy, guaranteeing his/her current health at the time of departure from breeder's possession. It is required that new owner take puppy to vet of choice within 5 days of arrival and that the breeder be notified of any health issues identified within that time-frame by email immediately.No news means pup received a healthy check as expected!
Breeder warranties named puppy in the case of SEVERE GENETIC DISORDER SUCH AS BLINDNESS RESULTING FROM COLLIE EYE ANOMALY OR OTHER VITAL ORGAN DYSFUNCTION diagnosed within the first year of puppy's life that would make the puppy unable to function as a pet. WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER MILD/MODERATE CONDITIONS OR COSMETIC CONDITIONS SUCH AS DENTAL OR EYE ISSUES OR ALLERGIES OF ANY KIND. All claims must be accompanied by a written veterinarian report, and permission must be granted to breeder to speak with vet by phone.
This guarantee does not cover worms or parasites, including but not limited to giardiasis and coccidiosis.
Purchase date: SIRE:
DATE OF DURAMUNE MAX-5 VACCINES: DUE AGAIN 3 WEEKS FROM THIS DATE. De-wormed with Pyrantel and Fenbendazole
BREEDER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VET OR MEDICAL BILLS ONCE PUPPY IS IN POSSESSION OF NEW OWNER.
“I agree to any and all financial obligations (foreseen and unforeseen) the above-named puppy may require during its life-time and that Shepherd Pals will never be responsible for any reimbursements of any kind once puppy is in my possession. I have read and agree to the above conditions of this 2-page 1-year replacement warranty. I agree that I will never place above-named puppy in a shelter or with a rescue and that I will contact Shepherd Pals if said puppy/dog ever needs to be re-homed for any reason and at any age.”